Dowsing and Pendulums
There are three different forms of dowsing: one using a pendulum, one using L rods, and one using Y rods. They are used to determine yes or no questions. These dowsing devices may also be used to find an area with water, oil, or other natural resources. Below is some basic information on the more common dowsing technique known as pendulum scrying.
Pendulum Scrying is normally used when you want an answer to a yes or no question, although it may be used to locate items or resources as well. All you need is yourself and a necklace with a pendant on it, preferably a crystal. Other pendulums may be made from attaching a pointed crystal to a string or chain. To scry with a pendulum follow these steps:
- Hold the necklace between your finger and thumb with the pendant or crystal hanging down, and your elbow resting on a table or other surface to steady it.
- Ask the crystal in your head or out loud what it will do if the answer to your question is Yes. You can also ask that the pendulum swing a particular way as a sign for "yes" responses.
- Ask the crystal in your head or out loud what it will do if the answer to your question is No. You can also ask that the pendulum swing a particular way as a sign for "no" responses.
- Ask the crystal in your head or out loud what it will do if the answer to your question is unknown. You can also ask that the pendulum swing a particular way or not swing at all for "unknown" responses.
- Each time you ask the pendulum a question, it will swing to reveal an answer. Record or remember these answers. WARNING: If you do not keep your hand still you will get false results. Just hold your hand still and it will swing - unless you have programmed it to not swing for unknown responses.
- Ask the pendulum in your head or out loud the question which you want to know the answer for and it will reply if you have done everything correctly.
Pendulum Scrying works because your brain sends subconscious movements to your fingers. Thus, the pendulum may move without you consciously telling it to. Pendulum Scrying is not always 100% accurate, and you will not always get perfect results. However, with concentration, patience, and practice, you will get the correct answer.
For example, some ladies I used to work with were trying the old wives tale of using the strand of a pregnant woman's hair and her wedding band as a pendulum and watching the swing to determine the baby's gender. When the ladies were getting conflicting results (circle for girl and straight for boy), I decided to give it a try. Sure enough, the results were not a circle or a line but a weird movement of circle and line. I looked at her and told her she was having both. The other ladies looked at me like I was crazy. Did I mean the baby would be born a hermaphrodite? Later on, it was found that she was having twins, one boy and one girl. Collectively, the other ladies had been getting the same answer as I did. Only from the concentration and prior years of practice with pendulums was I able to get the correct answer on my own.
As you gain experience with and continue to practice dowsing with pendulums, you will find that you have developed your own language with the pendulums. Some pendulums may work better for you than others so always be sure to experiment and practice before investing in a new pendulum.
Likewise, you will discover methods that work better for you. One woman I met uses a pendulum by letting it swing full of energy and a map of sorts that she hovers it over. The pendulum will pause or otherwise make a distinct signal to the answer she is looking for. For myself, I prefer to program yes responses in a circle and no responses in a line to help differentiate the two.
Over time, you may find you no longer need to stabilize by resting your elbow on a surface and even find new uses for your pendulum aside from basic "yes" and "no" questions.
(Note:Some practitioners disagree with this method of asking the pendulum to show yes or no responses because it treats the pendulum as a separate entity. However, knowing full well the pendulum is the tool, this method is tapping into your subconscious, not attaching a separate consciousness to the tool as they would have you believe.)
© 2003-2014 by Evylyn Rose